Khachapouri Dough Recipe with Prosciutto and White Truffle
3 cups flour
1 Tbsp yeast. dry.
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 Tbsp sugar.
3 Tbsp powdered milk
1 teaspoon salt.
1/4 cup corn oil
1 Cup warm water
320 grams feta cheese
250 grams burrata
280 grams ricotta
1. Bloom the yeast and sugar in warm water (100*f)
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a mixer with a hook attachment
3. Add bloomed yeast to the dry ingredients and mix on low until a dough forms
4. Slowly add the oil while the dough is mixing until the dough is entirely formed and not sticking to the bowl
5. Place inside a bowl and keep covered in a warm place for an hour to let proof, meanwhile preheat the oven to 450f
6. Once the dough is proofed , portion the dough into 4oz balls
7. With a rolling pin roll the dough into a circular shape and form the "boat " shape
8. Fill the "boats" with 2 tablespoons of cheese mixture
9. Place the "boat" inside the oven and bake for 10 minutes
10. Remove the boat and make a well in the center and crack one egg in the middle and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until the egg is set
11. Remove from the oven, garnish with Aleppo pepper, proscuitto ,and shave white truffle over the top at the table
Text and photographs © Tim Hollingsworth