Looking for the perfect sauce for your pastas? Today Ciao Chow Linda is sharing with us her Pappardelle with Mushrooms and Truffle Cream Sauce.
Ingredients:- 2 T. olive oil and 1 T. butter
- 1 large shallot, minced finely
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. mushrooms (I used a combination of shitake, baby portabellas and oyster mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt, white pepper to taste
- a few grindings of freshly ground nutmeg
- a small bunch of fresh sage leaves
- 4 T. truffle cream
- minced parsley
- parmesan cheese, optional
1. Place olive oil and butter in sauce pan and add the shallot. Sauté until wilted, then add the garlic and sauté for a minute or two.
2. Slice the mushrooms and add to the pan, sautéing them until cooked through.
3. Add the chicken broth, cream, milk and the bunch of sage leaves.
4. Grind some fresh nutmeg into the pan. Let it come to a boil, then lower the heat to a brisk simmer and reduce until it has a velvety consistency.
5. Remove the sage leaves.
6. Whisk in four tablespoons of truffle cream. Pour the sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle with minced parsley.
Enjoy :) !
Text and photographs © Ciao Chow Linda blog.