As you can see, at Gourmet Attitude we LOVE pastas! So, not surprising to see another kinda "pasta-sauce" recipe here. Today Amy & Jonny from We are never full blog are sharing with us their Raviolis with walnut Truffle cream sauce recipe. If you want to 'wow' few guests with nothing, this recipe is for you!
Ingredients:- 1 lb. of your favorite stuffed pasta/ravioli
- 4 cloves sliced garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon White Truffle cream (La Tartufata)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, smashed to bits or blitzed in the food processor
- 2/3 cup whole toasted walnuts
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Truffle carpaccio
1. Boil abundantly salted water for the ravioli. Lightly saute the sliced garlic till golden in butter (about 30 seconds).
2. Add all the walnuts – both the smashed/blitzed ones and the whole ones. Allow the walnuts to warm and absorb a bit of the butter (another 30-45 seconds).
3. Add the cream and then the truffle paste along with a pinch of salt and pepper and stir.
4. Reduce the cream a little so it thickens and add your cooked ravioli to the sauce. Kill the heat, toss ravioli so they are covered in sauce and plate.
5. Top each dish with some truffle carpaccio and sprinkle with grana padano or parmigiano. Make sure you get some of those whole walnuts on each plate!
Enjoy :) !
Text and photographs © We are never full blog.