Our friend Lori, from Taste with the eye blog, said once "It would be a dream come true to always have fresh truffles in my kitchen". Fortunately, our world is well done, because you can have an amazing substitute thanks to preserved truffles like our Truffle Carpaccio. Today we wanted to share with you the Heirloom Tomato recipe developed by Lori. It is the perfect first course and here is the recipe:
Ingredients:- heirloom tomato
- truffle carpaccio
- toasted buttered baguette
1. Slice heirloom tomatoes (blot excess moisture), place on a baking sheet, top with a little sea salt and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
2. Place in the broiler until the cheese bubbles.
3. Top each tomato with a teaspoon of truffle carpaccio.
4. Serve with toasted buttered baguette, garnish with chives.
Eat & enjoy!
Text and photographs © Lori -Taste with the Eyes blog.