If we ask to our friend from Running with Tweezers what she thinks about a White truffles, she will answer right away "iconic and delicious"! We could not agree more about that! With the help of chef Billy Allin (restaurant Cake & Ale in Atlanta), she is sharing with us the Celery and Mushroom Salad with Fresh Shaved White Truffle recipe:
Ingredients:- 3 stalks celery – or cutting celery if you can find it – with the leaves intact
- 2 cups super fresh button mushrooms, any remaining dirt gently brushed of smoked sea salt
- a healthy drizzle of the best quality extra virgin olive oil you can find
- fresh white truffle – use as much as you are allowed
1. Carefully remove the celery leaves and set aside.
2. Thinly slice the celery on the bias and add to a mixing bowl or scatter on a serving platter. Thinly slice the mushrooms and add to the celery – if combining in a bowl, be sure to mix gently as to not break them up too much.
3. Drizzle everything with a nice glug of olive oil – 2 tablespoons or so: you want things dressed but not too wet.
4. Sprinkle it all with some smoked salt.
5. Scatter the reserved celery leaves on top.
6. Using a truffle slicer, shave the truffle directly onto the salad and serve immediately.
Eat & enjoy!
Text and photographs © Running with Tweezers blog.