Challenge of the day for our dear friend Lori at Taste with the Eyes; how to sell one of America’s most-disliked vegetables to 11 & 13-year-old boys? Answer just below with this Brussels, Bacon and Balsamic Vinegar!
- Brussel sprouts
- Olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- Bacon shards
- Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
1. Trim Brussels sprouts, then cut in half vertically.
2. Toss with olive oil, salt, and fresh ground pepper.
3. Place cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet and roast at 400°F until tender, about 25-30 minutes, taking care not to overcook.
4. Place roasted Brussels sprouts in a serving bowl, season with a bit more salt and pepper, add plenty of bacon shards
5. Then drizzle with aged balsamic vinegar.
Text and photographs © Taste With the Eyes blog.