Feeling like cooking and enjoying a very elegant plate? Our friends from Taste With the Eyes has THE solution with the following stunning recipe: Pan-Seared Sea Scallops with a Champagne Truffle Cream.
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1/2 c. minced shallots
- 1 c. Champagne or sparking wine
- 2/3 c. whipping cream
- Canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian white truffle
1. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat then add shallots and cook until soft.
2. Add Champagne and cook until reduced by half, then whisk in the cream.
3. Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly. Turn off the heat, season with salt and pepper, and add truffle shavings.
4. Season cold dry scallops with salt.
5. Heat a stainless steel saute pan over high heat and add canola oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
6. When the oil is very hot and just about to smoke, place the scallops in the pan. Be sure not to crowd the scallops.
7. Cook over high heat for exactly two minutes to form a nice caramelized crust.
8. Flip the scallops over with a pair of tongs, and cook for one minute only.
9. Remove scallops then add butter lettuce leaves to the pan, stir gently until wilted and coated with scallop juices.
10. To plate: place wilted butter lettuce in the center of each plate. Spoon sauce around the lettuce. Place scallops about the lettuce. Garnish with a few parsley leaves. Finally, shave white Italian truffle over the top. Serve immediately…
Text and photographs © Taste With the Eyes blog.