- Ciabatta bread or pain rustique
- Olive oil
- Italian truffle cheese
- Truffle Shiitake mushroom
- Frisée Lettuce
- Truffle oil (black)
- Fresh black winter truffle
How to prepare the Shiitake mushrooms
1. First, sauté sliced shiitake in a very small amount of olive oil, with a few fresh thyme leaves, salt and pepper.
2. Drizzle a small amount of truffle oil over shiitake, keep them warm while preparing the crostinis.
3. Prepare a bowl with the Frisée Lettuce.
4. After lightly dressing the frisée with truffle oil, salt & pepper, shave small bits of truffle into the bowl and toss the lettuce. Adjust the slicer to make whole slices and place them on top of each crostini.
How To assemble the crostinis
1. Thinly slice the pain rustique or ciabatta bread.
2. Lightly brush each side of the bread with olive oil and toast to a light golden brown.
3. Place a thin slice of Italian Truffle Cheese on each crostini.
4. Top with one or two slices of warm truffled shiitake mushroom.
5. Toss frisée lettuce with truffle oil, a small amount of salt & fresh ground pepper, and bits of fresh black truffle
6. Place a piece of frisée on top of the shiitake.
7. Top each crostini with a slice of Fresh French Black Winter Truffle.
8. Serve with Champagne, Prosecco, Cava, or a Sparkling Wine of your choice.
Eat & enjoy!
Text and photographs © Running with Tweezers blog.