Truffle Grilled Cheese with Honey
- Preferably homemade brioche
- Honey Taleggio cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Fresh black truffle shavings
- Cut two slices of bread, about 1/2″ thick.
- Lightly drizzle with a little honey on each side of the inside of the bread. Lay thin slices of the cheese over the honey.
- Preheat a heavy frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Butter the outside of each bread slice, then lay into the preheated frying pan.
- Fry until lightly golden, about 2 minutes, over low heat. DO NOT LET BURN. Flip.
- Spread a little more butter over the golden brown side of the sandwich, as well as a 1/2 teaspoon of honey, then top with truffle shavings. The honey helps the shavings stick. Flip over for about 30 seconds, then flip back over.
- Cover the frying pan with a lid and let cook until the cheese is melted and the other side is golden brown.
- Serve. Melt.