Truffle Scented Tortellini
- Cheese Tortellini
- Beech Mushrooms, Stems Trimmed
- White Truffle Oil
- Veal Demi-Glace
- Fresh Sage Leaves
- Fresh Bread Crumbs
- Olive Oil
Once in a while, everyone is dreaming about enjoying a chef's plate at home. Our friends from Taste With the Eyes realized this dream and is, today, offering us an interpretation of Chef Trani’s Pasta Course (J. Trani’s Ristorante) ; the Truffle Scented Tortellini! A real delight!
- Fry whole sage leaves in olive oil until crispy, about one to two minutes.
- Remove sage from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Add breadcrumbs to the same oil and sauté until crispy and golden brown.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions.
- Cook beech mushrooms in simmering water for five minutes.
- Drain and add mushrooms to the cooked pasta, toss with white truffle oil.
- Season with a little bit of sea salt.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan combine one part demi-glace with four parts water.
- Bring to a light simmer and whisk to form a sauce that coats the back of a spoon, about six minutes.
- Plate the pasta-mushroom mixture and drizzle with veal reduction.
- Finish with bread crumbs and sage leaves.
Enjoy :) !