Once in a while, everyone is dreaming about enjoying a chef's plate at home. Our friends from Taste With the Eyes realized this dream and is, today, offering us an interpretation of Chef Trani’s Pasta Course (J. Trani’s Ristorante) ; the Truffle Scented Tortellini! A real delight!
- Cheese Tortellini
- Beech Mushrooms, Stems Trimmed
- White Truffle Oil
- Veal Demi-Glace
- Fresh Sage Leaves
- Fresh Bread Crumbs
- Olive Oil
1. Fry whole sage leaves in olive oil until crispy, about one to two minutes.
2. Remove sage from oil and drain on paper towels.
3. Add breadcrumbs to the same oil and saute until crispy and golden brown.
4. Cook tortellini according to package instructions.
5. Cook beech mushrooms in simmering water for five minutes.
6. Drain and add mushrooms to the cooked pasta, toss with white truffle oil.
7. Season with a little bit of sea salt.
8. Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan combine one part demi-glace with four parts water.
9. Bring to a light simmer and whisk to form a sauce that coats the back of a spoon, about six minutes.
10. Plate the pasta-mushroom mixture and drizzle with veal reduction.
11. Finish with bread crumbs and sage leaves.
Text and photographs © Taste With the Eyes blog.