Each Package includes:
- 1/2, 1 or 2 oz of fresh black winter truffle (France)
- One High quality stainless steel blade and handle (Italy)
- One Oiled beech-wood light bristle horsehair truffle brush (Germany)
About Fresh Black Winter Truffles:
- In Season: December to March
- Shape: More or less round. Size varies from a hazelnut to an orange
- Skin: Small pyramid-shaped warts, black with sometimes dark brown patches
- Flesh: First white, then gray and eventually black at maturity with a hint of purple and with distinctive white veins. Crunchy and soft
- Perfume: Intense, wet forest, humus, chocolate, hint of hazelnut
To store, gently wrap the uncleaned truffles in an absorbent paper and store in a dry, tight container in the crisper compartment of the refrigerator. The paper should be changed daily and the container must be kept dry.
Remove the truffles from the refrigerator, clean/brush them properly under a thin stream of water and use them right away.
When properly stored in the refrigerator, fresh black truffles have a shelf-life of about 5 to 7 days.
Guarantees and Policies:
In season, we receive truffle shipments three times weekly to guarantee freshness of the merchandise that we send to our clients.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from our shop in New York City.
- Gourmet Attitude Truffles carefully packs fresh truffles with re-usable ice packs in insulated Styrofoam coolers marked “perishable.”
- Gourmet Attitude ships FedEx Overnight Monday-Thursday of each week, and Fridays for non-perishable items.
- Overnight shipping fees for perishable products are $30 but are subject to change depending on the order size.
- Ground shipping fees for non-perishable products are $15 but are subject to change depending on the order size.
- All major credit cards accepted.
- No deliveries Saturday, Sunday or Monday (except non-perishables which may arrive Monday).
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $20 charge for Priority Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!