Black Winter Truffles are one of the most decadent foods in the world. These highly sought-after tubers are considered so precious because they are incredibly difficult to find and chefs covet them for their powerful, earthy flavor that adds luxury to any dish.
Truffles are foraged by well-trained truffle hunters – always with the help of hounds – in wooded areas mostly in France and Italy that are kept secret and fiercely guarded. Cook truffles into a risotto, or shave on top of simple pasta with butter, or on scrambled eggs.
- From France
- Choose up to 16 oz.
- 4 oz serves 7-8 people
About Frozen Black Winter Truffles:
- Available all year long. The truffles are carefully selected at maturity then froze to keep flavor and taste intact. Great substitute when fresh truffles are not available
- Shape: More or less round. Size varies from a hazelnut to an orange
- Skin: Small pyramid-shaped warts, black with sometimes dark brown patches
- Flesh: First white, then gray and eventually black at maturity with a hint of purple and with distinctive white veins. Crunchy and soft
- Perfume: Intense, wet forest, humus, chocolate, hint of hazelnut
- Frozen truffles arrive cleaned in a vacuum-sealed bag on dry ice. Store in unbreached bag in freezer at least 6 months
- Remove from freezer, thaw it to 70% still frozen, then slice
- Wrap any still frozen, unused truffles in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and replace in the freezer
- Truffle should be eaten once thawed, or use in cooking, as in a crème fraîche, and will keep once thawed in refrigerator for 48 hours
Guarantees and Policies:
In season, we receive truffle shipments three times weekly to guarantee freshness of the merchandise we send to our clients
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Frozen Truffles are packed in vacuum-sealed bag and placed in insulated styrofoam containers, packed with dry ice
- Gourmet Attitude ships Fedex Overnight Monday-Thursday of each week, and also Ground on Fridays for non-perishable items
- All major credit cards accepted
- No deliveries Saturday, Sunday or Monday (except non-perishables which may arrive Monday)
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $20 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!