This gift is the perfect way to pamper that special truffle lover — with 1 oz of fresh white Alba truffle and 1 oz of fresh black winter truffle, one stainless steel slicer and a wooden double surface brush with a good grip to clean white and black truffles.
Black and White truffles are one of the most decadent foods in the world. These highly sought-after tubers are considered so precious because both are incredibly difficult to find and chefs covet them for their powerful, earthy flavor that adds luxury to any dish. Truffles are foraged by well-trained truffle hunters – always with the help of hounds – in wooded areas mostly in France and Italy that are kept secret and fiercely guarded.
Cook truffles into a risotto, or shave on top of a simple pasta with butter, or on scrambled eggs.
Each Package Includes:
- 1 oz of fresh black winter truffle (France)
- 1 oz of fresh white truffle from Alba (Italy)
- One High quality stainless steel blade and handle (Italy)
- One Oiled beech-wood light bristle horsehair truffle brush (Germany)
About Fresh White Alba Truffles:
- In Season: September to December
- Shape: More or less round or oval. Size varies from a pea to a grapefruit
- Skin: Smooth, pale cream, yellowish with sometimes bright red spots and a brown cracked area
- Flesh: First gray white, then beige or light brown tainted with a touch of ocher with marbling
- Perfume: Intense, earth, garlic, shallots and grana cheese
About Fresh Black Winter Truffles:
- In Season: December to March
- Shape: More or less round. Size varies from a hazelnut to an orange
- Skin: Small pyramid-shaped warts, black with sometimes dark brown patches
- Flesh: First white, then gray and eventually black at maturity with a hint of purple and with distinctive white veins. Crunchy and soft
- Perfume: Intense, wet forest, humus, chocolate, hint of hazelnut
To store, gently wrap the uncleaned truffles in an absorbent paper and store in a dry, tight container in the crisper compartment of the refrigerator. The paper should be changed daily and the container must be kept dry.
Remove the truffles from the refrigerator, clean/brush them properly under a thin stream of water and use them right away.
When properly stored in the refrigerator, fresh truffles have a shelf-life of about 5 days.
Guarantees and Policies:
In season, we receive truffle shipments three times weekly to guarantee freshness of the merchandise we send to our clients.
Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from our shop in New York City.
Gourmet Attitude Truffles carefully packs fresh truffles with re-usable ice packs in insulated Styrofoam coolers marked “perishable.”
Gourmet Attitude ships FedEx Overnight Monday-Thursday of each week, and Fridays for non-perishable items.
Overnight shipping fees for perishable products are $30 but are subject to change depending on the order size.
Ground shipping fees for non-perishable products are $15 but are subject to change depending on the order size.
All major credit cards accepted.
No deliveries Saturday, Sunday or Monday (except non-perishables which may arrive Monday).
Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $20 charge for Priority Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!