- 3 cups diced stale bread (plus a few slices for the top and bottom)- 4 tbsp butter- 1/2 cup sugar- 1/2 cup milk- pinch of salt- 1 whole egg - 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Truffle Honey Ice Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream- 1/4 cup sugar- 1/2 cup truffle honey- 2-3 tbsp grated black truffle- pinch of salt
For the bread pudding mixture:
- In a pot over medium heat, add the butter and melt until golden brown.
- Add the sugar to the hot butter and mix until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat and add the milk, mix until incorporated.
- Cut the bread slices into cubes, and put them in a bowl. Add half of the egg to the milk, incorporate.
- Pour the milk mixture over the bread pieces. Toss gently with a rubber spatula.
- Cut slices of bread and then with a circular cookie cutter, cut circles into the bread slices.
- Using a circular mold, add the slice of bread with a spoon of pudding mixture.
- Then, add some bread cubes, some chocolate pieces, and one last slice of bread to gently close the pudding.
- Bake at 350 for 15min
For the Ice cream:
- Mix all the ingredients together. Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn until frozen.
- Flip the bread pudding and add granulated sugar, put it back in the oven until caramelized.
- Transfer the pudding into the serving dish. Add a generous scoop of truffle honey ice cream, and fresh black truffle shavings.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the exclusive news and product updates every week.