TRUFFLE POTATO WAFFLES
- 2 medium sized russet potatoes
- 2 small shallots, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 cup Italian parsley, finely minced
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh black truffle, finely grated
- 2 eggs
- fresh black truffle
Do you think that it is impossible to cook an everyday meal with truffles? Our dear friend Denise from Chez Us met the challenge with her Truffle Potato Waffles.
- Warm the olive oil in a small frying pan over medium low heat. Add the shallots, stir and cook over low heat for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Peel potatoes and grate.
- Wrap the grated potatoes in a piece of cheese cloth and squeeze out the moisture.
- Place the potato into a mixing bowl, along with the shallots, parsley, parmesan cheese and grated truffle.
- Mix well with a fork.
- Preheat a waffle iron and butter well. Place half of the potato mixture onto the hot waffle iron and close. Cook until golden brown and slightly crispy; about 7 minutes on our waffle iron. Keep checking.
- Repeat with the remaining potato mixture.
- Poach the eggs while the potato waffles are cooking. Let the poached eggs sit on a paper towel to remove the moisture.
- Place potato waffle on a serving place, top with the egg and grate more fresh truffle over the top.
- Serve and eat.
Enjoy :) !