- 2 medium sized russet potatoes
- 2 small shallots, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 cup Italian parsley, finely minced
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh black truffle, finely grated
- 2 eggs
- Fresh black truffle
1. Warm the olive oil in a small frying pan over medium low heat. Add the shallots, stir and cook over low heat for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Peel potatoes and grate.
3. Wrap the grated potatoes in a piece of cheese cloth and squeeze out the moisture.
4. Place the potato into a mixing bowl, along with the shallots, parsley, parmesan cheese and grated truffle.
5. Mix well with a fork.
6. Preheat a waffle iron and butter well. Place half of the potato mixture onto the hot waffle iron and close. Cook until golden brown and slightly crispy; about 7 minutes on our waffle iron. Keep checking.
7. Repeat with the remaining potato mixture.
8. Poach the eggs while the potato waffles are cooking. Let the poached eggs sit on a paper towel to remove the moisture.
9. Place potato waffle on a serving place, top with the egg and grate more fresh truffle over the top.
10. Serve and eat.
Text and photographs © Chez Us blog.