To celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, our friends from Taste With the Eyes wanted to create a fresh and green recipe; Truffled Poached Egg, Asparagus & Truffle Vinaigrette, Black Truffle & Potato Stack.
Let's enjoy this rustic and elegant recipe!
- Sliced russet potatoes
- 2 T. olive
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 1 t. truffle slivers, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix in truffle and set aside.
2. Cook very thinly sliced russet potatoes in canola oil over medium-high heat until golden brown.
3. Drain on paper towels, season with salt crystals and layer potato slices with a truffle slices.
4. Line up cooked asparagus spears, drizzle with the truffle vinaigrette and center a potato stack on the asparagus.
5. Top the potato stack with a poached egg. Serve warm.
Text and photographs © Taste With the Eyes blog.