Truffled Quail Eggs
- Bread (peasant, rye, or country bread)
- 12 Quail eggs
- Fresh Black Winter Truffles (1 or 2 ounces)
- Black Truffle Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Optional: Black Truffle Butter
- Slice bread thinly and toast.
- Spread Black Truffle Butter on bread.
- Place thinly sliced black winter truffles atop the butter.
- Place quail eggs in boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove from water and peel carefully. The white should be done, the yolk should be runny.
- Cut the eggs in half and place atop the sliced truffles.
- Final touch, add a few drops of black truffle oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Ready to Serve.