Truffles are one of the most decadent foods in the world. These highly sought-after tubers are considered so precious because they are incredibly difficult to find and Chefs covet them for their powerful, earthy flavor that adds luxury to any dish.
Truffles are foraged by well-trained truffle hunters – always with the help of hounds – in wooded areas mostly in France and Italy that are kept secret and fiercely guarded. Cook truffles into a risotto, or shave on top of simple pasta with butter, or on scrambled eggs.
- From France
- Choose quantity up to 16 oz.
- 1 oz fresh truffle serves 2-3 people
- Orders of 2 oz. usually include 2 truffles that are about 1 oz each. Sometimes you may receive one 2 oz truffle
- Truffles are wrapped individually in unbleached paper towel and placed in a labeled brown paper bag. This allows the truffle to breathe and prevents condensation
About Fresh Summer Truffles:
- In Season: May to September
- Shape: Medium size, more or less round
- Skin: Large pyramid shaped warts, black, tough and firm
- Flesh: Beige with numerous thin white veins, light brown at maturity
- Perfume: Weak but pleasant, mushroom, hazelnut
- To store, gently wrap the uncleaned truffle in an absorbent paper and store in a dry, tight container in the crisper compartment of the refrigerator. The paper should be changed daily and the container must be kept dry
- Remove the truffle from the fridge, clean/brush it properly under a thin stream of water and use them right away
- When properly stored in the fridge, fresh truffles have a shelf-life of about 5 days
Guarantees and Policies:
In season, we receive truffle shipments three times weekly to guarantee freshness of the merchandise we send to our clients
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from our shop
- Gourmet Attitude carefully packs fresh truffles with re-usable ice packs in insulated styrofoam coolers marked “perishable.”
- Gourmet Attitude ships Fedex Overnight Monday-Thursday of each week, and Fridays for non-perishable items
- Overnight shipping fees for perishable products are $30 but are subject to change depending on the order size
- Ground shipping fees for non-perishable products are $15 but are subject to change depending on the order size
- All major credit cards accepted
- No deliveries Saturday, Sunday or Monday (except non-perishables which may arrive Monday)
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $20 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!