Alert, Alert! Intoxicating Truffle Pizza recipe!
Our friends from Taste With the Eyes created the Earthy Intoxicating Flatbread Pizza with Black Truffle Sauce.
Here it is...
- 10 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 T. walnuts, chopped
- 2 T. black truffle sauce, divided
- Flatbread such as whole wheat lavash
- Mozzarella, shredded
- Parmesan, grated
- Chives, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Sauté mushrooms in a small amount of olive oil until caramelized and then season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Toss, turn off the heat and set aside.
3. Brush both sides of lavash with a light amount of olive oil. Place on a baking sheet, cover lavash with mozzarella and a sprinkling of grated Parmesan.
4. Toss mushrooms with walnuts and 1 T. black truffle sauce. Arrange mushroom mixture over the cheeses and dot the top with the remaining tablespoon of truffle sauce.
5. Bake until the cheese melts and the edges get crispy, about 5 – 7 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chives.
Text and photographs © Taste With the Eyes blog.